Homemade bath bombs are a fun and easy thing to make, and they create the most luxurious and scent filled baths too. They make beautiful and creative gifts, and it is also something you can get your children involved in too (supervised of course).
Equipment that you will need for making homemade bath bombs includes; gloves, a sieve, a metal or glass mixing bowl (do not use plastic if you want to re-use it for food, it will retain the smell of essential oils), molds, and a spray bottle. When choosing molds, smaller ones will be easier, as larger ones can tend to break up for the novice.
Here is the homemade bath bomb recipe
- 2 cups of baking soda/bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil or olive oil
- approx 20 drops of essential oil
- Start by putting the gloves on.
- In the bowl, mix together the citric acid and baking soda.
- Add the oil and essential oils.
- Spray a small amount of water onto the mixture at a time, and keep mixing, achieving a consistency that is still crumbly but will hold it’s shape if pressed.
- Finish by pressing the mixture into moulds, tap to release from the mould, and leave in a warm dry place for a few hours to set (not in sunlight).
- Keep them in a dry place, and use within a few weeks. The keep best when wrapped in some tissue paper.